Crooked teeth are embarrassing for many. These misaligned teeth keep people from smiling and living to their full potential. To correct this issue, the answer usually is braces. However, as an individual gets older, he or she might cringe at the thought of being a brace face. A person in their 20s, 30s, or, 40s may be hesitant to have a face full of metal, especially in the workplace. Traditional metal braces can also be very uncomfortable to wear. With that said, Invisalign is a great alternative. Invisalign is clear braces.
At Tower Dental Arts, you can receive Invisalign treatment in three Southwest Florida locations (Bonita Springs, Naples, and Fort Myers). With Invisalign, custom-made aligners straighten teeth. As a person wears these aligners, his or her teeth gradually shift teeth into proper place; the teeth’s moves are dictated by the dentist or orthodontist. With Invisalign, there is no metal brackets or wires that require tightening. About every two weeks, a new set of aligners are made for the teeth until the treatment is over.
Below, our team wanted to share with you the benefits of choosing Invisalign over metal, traditional braces.
- Since they are clear, most people won’t be able to tell you have any sort of aligner in your mouth. With clear braces, you won’t have to worry about hiding metal wires and brackets.
- Invisalign is removeable, easily. Metal brackets stay on the teeth the entire time while treatment is occurring.
- You can take Invisalign aligners out to eat or drink, but you cannot remove the metal brackets for eating. Thus, food can get stuck in the brackets often.
- Metal brackets and wires and poke into the skin and cause bleeding and irritation. Invisalign is smooth.
- Invisalign requires a shorter treatment time (1 to 1.5 years); whereas, metal braces can take as long as five years.
Invisalign can work wonders, but it is not the right treatment for all cases. If you are considering Invisalign, contact Dr. Sonia Roha at Tower Dental Arts. Her, and her team, will be able to figure out if Invisalign is right for you. To schedule a consult, click here or call 239-495-7400, 239-566-9700, or 239-288-7275.